Good morning! This week has blown by so quickly! Time flies when you're having fun!
First off, Sister Mondragon got a hair cut last Preparation Day. Probably cut 2 inches off... No more blonde. I've been battling the Love-Hate emotions of a new hair style. It's been a riot!
Here's our week:
- Monica and Kellie Word of Wisdom and Law of Chastity lesson... learned lots about my companions testimony and Kellie's testimony. She is so solid.
- Took Kellie out on a full day of missionary work on Wednesday. She loved it and was EXHAUSTED by the end. We are going to talk to her about going on a mission after she graduates and is baptized. She would be a great missionary!
- We have the most adorable investigator(Carla) from Italy. She is a foreign exchange student. She lives with a member family in the ward and comes to church every week! She returns in June so we are sad about that, but when she goes home she can be baptized!
- Thursday was my halfway mark, so we had early dinner with the Gosbins (a recent convert family) and they wrote a letter so I could have something to burn. HAHA Funny video involved, but I almost killed my companion by fire..
- We spent a long time with a set of sisters from Estonia. They are members of our ward. They are so cute. We helped move boxes and then talked about their family history and their humanitarian work.
- EXCHANGES WITH SIS HUNTER IN INDY FIRST WARD: We did service all morning, then went to an appointment to teach English to a woman who speaks Chin/Burmese. It was so cool! I love foreign languages! We went to the library to check for referrals from Salt Lake and taught an Atheist man. After that we went to a girl's house to watch her open her mission call (Posadas, Argentina)! Then to dinner with a member where we shared Luke 22:42-44 about Christ in the Garden of Gethsemane. GO READ IT! It is so good and then think of something you can sacrifice for the next week leading up to Easter Sunday! Also, it helps get in tune with the Spirit for General Conference coming up!
- Little miracle of exchanges.. we talked to a guy whom Sister Williams and I had tracted into 4 days earlier in our area. It was so cool. I think he was really surprised and recognized that it wasn't just coincidence. That's why we talk to everybody, right? Everyone needs the gospel!
-Sunday we spent the day from 11:30AM-6:15PM in structured meetings. We got to hear from President Cleveland though. He's so great!
- Why I Believe Fireside was also on Sunday at 6:30. We had Kellie speak about her conversion story. The spirit was so strong as we heard from her and other recent converts/returned to activity members! It's a testimony that it's never to late to turn around and start walking towards Christ. We are all prodigal sons and daughters, but we can return and will be welcomed with OPEN ARMS. It's never too late. Turn to Him.
I love you all. Again, thanks for all the prayers and support. The past 9 months have been unbelievable. I can't imagine my life without this amazing experience! Stay strong and close to Christ!
Sister Mondragon <3
PPS this is a beautiful picture that shows Christ is waiting for us to return so he can hug us with the biggest "Big Brother Bear Hug" Doesn't that sound wonderful?? (Thanks Elder Clark Smith for showing this to me many moons ago!)