- "If it's a good thought, does it matter if it is your idea or the Spirit's idea? If your will is aligned with God's, then he trusts you to make good choices." --> I love this because it goes right along with the slothful servant idea (D&C 58:26), that we don't need to take orders from God for every detail of our lives. Not to say we can't ask him if something is right. But often times, if we are in tune with the spirit, we already know what the good choices are. He doesn't always answer when he trusts that we know what is right. If it's good, it's of God. (Moroni 7:12)
- "We are not physical beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a physical experience." --> Okay, I love this one too! This life is for us to experience things with a physical body, but we need to not neglect our spiritual experiences. They are so important in our growth! It is about our spirits. That is the core of us.
- "We go to school to learn how to learn." --> For all those students returning to classes this Fall! Learn how to learn. That is what gets you jobs in the future. If you know how to learn things, you will be a much more profitable employee. But likewise, this life is a time for us to prepare to meet God. We will forever be progressing when we live with Him in the Celestial kingdom. Therefore, we need to learn how to learn so we can continue learning after this life!
- "Marriage is a learning experience. Parenthood is the training field to become Gods and Goddesses." --> I guess learning is important. Nuff Said.
Here is the "Funny" for the week:
We were on exchanges with the Clear Creek sisters. It took me back to the Terre Haute days of sharing a car with the elders! We walked everywhere! It was exhausting but worth it! We were in this trailer park and we walked past this trailer with a dog on a chain. We walked past as it kept barking at us. The woman of the house came out to see why he was barking. She told us he is nice. He is 9 months old, but a pretty big dog! We walked over to pet him and he started jumping all over us! We finally got him calmed down a little and behind the fence she has, where he tried to jump over the fence. Well, we taught an amazing lesson and they said we could come back! At the very end, after we prayed, Sister Ben asked them, casually, yet awkwardly, if they had a paper towel. They said no and asked why she needed one. She told them that their dog had tracked poop all over her legs and shoes while he jumped on us. (I didn't get any poop on me) That's not all... When they brought a rag out, she started wiping her leg off. The woman's husband (super nice Christian guy) took the rag from her and crouched down to clean it off her shoes. The awkward level skyrocketed!!! It was hilarious in all ways possible! ...it was so gross though. My watch has smelled like dog breath since then from his slobber!
The title of this email..... HA
So this week we discovered that our apartment is nearly deadly. Our A/C doesn't work well so it's 75 degrees all the time. Which I know is nothing in comparison to some other missions, but it's not just hot air going around. The air ducts have a couple inches of standing water in them that send out mildew-y, moldy air! It's so great! We noticed we have both been lethargic and ill feeling. But we thought it might just be from the heat or the new transfer. Anyway, we realized we felt much better when we spent more time out of our apartment. Still haven't figured out how to fix it, but whatever. Se la vie. Elder Ellsworth said "Y'all are high on fungus drugs" one night when we were talking to them and losing our minds in laughter.
That is the week in a nut shell!
We went to the temple today! It was so great! Lots of miracles and we got to see Michelle, from Columbus! It was her first time to the temple! Such a sweet experience!
Have a great week! Loves<3
1. Exchanges with Sister Ben!
2. Michelle <3 and Sister Porter (: